Electrolytes are a conductor of energy and are involved in every muscle contraction during training. If the body is low on electrolytes then muscle contraction cannot occur with the same force. When our electrolytes are combined with water the minerals th Read more
Electrolytes are a conductor of energy and are involved in every muscle contraction during training. If the body is low on electrolytes then muscle contraction cannot occur with the same force. When our electrolytes are combined with water the minerals that are inside the electrolytes can be released into ions, both positive and negatively charged. By doing this we are able to give the body a substantial boost of energy through these ionized minerals.
BASE Electrolyte Salt provides athletes with superior electrolyte replenishment, enabling them to maximize performance, stay hydrated and fight fatigue. More than just sodium chloride, BASE Salt’s all natural formula contains 84 essential minerals needed to maintain proper energy and fluid balance and avoid musclecramps. BASE Salt’s unique crystalline form is very easily digested, rapidly absorbed and available in the bloodstream to replenish the electrolytes lost in sweat. Not only does it work quickly, it also prevents the gastrointestinal distress caused by many other electrolyte products. Add BASE Salt to your nutrition regime to take your training and competition to the next level.
- Sodium regulates fluid balance, blood pressure and acid-base balance in the body. It also facilitates the transmission nerve impulses in skeletal muscle, brain and heart tissue. Since it is lost in sweat, it must be replenished during strenuous or prolonged exercise to prevent potentially life-threatening hyponatremia.
- Potassium also plays an important role in fluid and acid-base balance, and it is particularly important for cardiac muscle contraction. It is also lost in sweat. Low potassium causes muscle weakness and severe depletion can induce heart arrhythmias.
- Magnesium actives the enzymes required for energy production. It also plays a role in skeletal muscle contraction and bone structure. Even small deficits impair performance and increase damage from exercise. Magnesium facilitates potassium absorption from the gastrointestinal tract and helps balance electrolytes.
- Chloride helps regulate fluid and acid-base balance in the body. Combined with hydrogen, it comprises the primary digestive acid in the stomach required to break down and absorb nutrients, and it may help the liver clear toxins. As the prominent negative ion in the body, it is commonly coupled with sodium and lost in sweat.
- Calcium in addition to promoting bone structure and repair, calcium enables heart muscle contraction, nerve transmission and regulates certain hormones. When depleted, the body usurps calcium from the bone, so supplementing helps protect bone health and integrity.